Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's FSU Game Day, Y'all!

It's September.

And those of us rabid college football fans, it means one thing. The fastest, most fun four months of the year.

Here in the South, there's Momma, there's church, and there's College Football Season, sometimes not necessarily in that order. College football brings people together (and even forces some apart) like none other this time of the year, and that's the fun of it. Rival school jokes and other shenanigans began yesterday at work, and we don't even play the Lizards for another three months!

My passion for college football, and FSU football in particular, began in a night October game in 1989 win against the Miami Hurricanes, and I haven't looked back to the NFL since. Sure, I follow the Dolphins, my longtime favorite NFL team, and the Jaguars, the hometown team, but that's just so I can carry on conversations with those that prefer the pro game. There's just a different feel at a college football game. Higher energy level in the stadium. More pageantry. The tailgating is more fun. Lee Corso's costumes. Erin Andrews (with apologies to my wife...had to throw that in there).

You know my take on the season. Even though we're playing lower division foe Murray State, I still woke up this morning early with knots in my stomach. Murray State, you say? A team the Noles will beat by five TD's? Yep, that Murray State. This is just what college football does to me. And I love it.

I'm ready. The car was prepped last night. Window flags...check. Drinks and cooler....check. Satellite radio on college football station....check. This will be my first of seven trips to see the Noles play, and hopefully, beat, worthy and not-so-worthy opponents. Whatever the outcome, win or lose, I will have fun. In the end, it's only football. There are fans that aren't fortunate enough to see their team in person because their situation doesn't allow it, so I always keep the "fun" aspect of college football in mind.

This could be a special season for FSU, and I am ready to enjoy every minute of it. Time permitting, I will blog after every game with my thoughts and observations, as well as provide links to stories about the games Seminole fans might be interested in. I look forward to celebrating a successful season with my FSU brethren. You can follow me this football season on Twitter at @noleman95. Hope to see you out there!

Go Noles!

 Seven Florida State defenders crush Jacksonville State quarterback Ryan Perrilloux for a sack during the Jacksonville State at Florida State University NCAA football game at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee.

Photo courtesy of Stephen M. Dowell, Orlando Sentinel

No comments:

Post a Comment