Friday, January 20, 2012

Things I Realized Today.....

.....and that made me happy:

  1. I got to sleep in AND the three year old was having a sleep over at GG's AND the six year old slept in until 8:50. Teacher planning days ROCK!
  2. Speaking of the six year old, she begins the first step toward my dream of making it big on Broadway....she got into Pine Forest. Drama starts Monday. Literally and figuratively.
  3. Tebow Time is OVER. Now I can watch *real* QB's play football.....you know, like Joe Flacco and Alex Smith.
  4. FSU has an opportunity to beat another top five team this weekend. This after losing to TWO (?!) Ivy League teams earlier this year, scoring a combined 24 points in the first halves of those games. In contrast, FSU has scored more than 80 points in consecutive games for the first time in five years with their recent wins against UNC and Maryland. I have a feeling Jimbo Fisher's calling some plays now that football season's over. If FSU can pull off the upset of Duke, that'd be two wins against top five teams in the past week or so. Maybe we'll be one of the schools "receiving votes" if they pull it off. That's the kind of respect we command.
  5. The Jacksonville Zoo continues to be a fun place to take the kids. Animals. Carousels. Train rides. Birds that pee on your dad's leg. Feeding giraffes. All that fun at a very reasonable price if you become a member. I highly recommend it.
  6. I still have two days of weekend to enjoy. Teacher planning days ROCK!
So, on that note, dear readers (OK, who am I kidding? My wife is probably the only one....should change that to dear reader...singular), I am D-O-N-E. And, what the hey, I'll call the upset: FSU 67 Duke 66.

1 comment: